dinsdag, juli 5

Mark Bryan


" You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you " Leon Trotsky

Ever since I can remember, I've been troubled by the state of things. Maybe it was all that talk about heaven in Sunday school. A perfect world, why isn't it like that here? I feel ripped off. Even the animals didn't eat each other in heaven. Imagine that. Given this beautiful planet and all our talents, one would think that things for us would be a lot better than they are. I suppose I've carried a general disappointment in human nature for quite a while and that makes itself apparent in most of my work. It seems to me that in terms of what we do to each other and to our environment, we really are fiddling while Rome burns. Perhaps we are either too smart or too dumb for our own good.