donderdag, augustus 25

My girlfriend rushed into our loft just as I was coming down from the roof. She had been under the WTC getting off the subway. She watched in horror as people were forced to decide between jumping and burning to death. The WTC was still standing then, we went back to the street, and found panic. While standing on Water Street the first tower fell, I thought it was impossible, just hysteria, until the clouds of dust began to roll towards us. It had fallen, we ran. I heard a huge thump, ran to my back window to see if the repairman from Warner Cable had jumped on my roof, I shouted but got no response. Seconds later my friend John called and said turn on the TV. I went to the roof seeing the second plane strike out of the corner of my eye as I left. I watched as smoke filled the horizon, but left the roof thinking "the fire dept will put it out." I did not know the planes were in the control of terrorists.

 Posted by Picasa