woensdag, januari 24

Four years ago I found myself with my camera at the site of one of the terror attacks in Tel Aviv. That experience changed my whole perspective about photography. From that point I felt the same sense of fear and anxiety everywhere. A constant presence of a local disaster accompanying my photographic gaze wherever I turned. Infected landscape is a photography book about the relationship between man and his environment. It is a description of the complexities of the ever-changing Israeli landscape. Instead of dealing directly with horrific situations, I chose to reflect on that same reality in a more subtle way: to examine the evidence of the violence in the very landscape, to focus on how routine the invasion of familiar sights by political power had become, to show how even the seemingly quietest piece of landscape became infected with loaded sediments of the ongoing conflict.