dinsdag, maart 22

From the offbeat compilations to the live Extended Versions, I can’t resist picking up some good ol’ Skynyrd. Regardless if I already own the songs on these compilations, Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of those bands that secured my allegiance a long time ago, therefore building a collection of their vinyl and CD’s is fun. Hey, I just recently saw on television a woman who collects finger and toe nails. She then makes little “creatures of art” with them. Yes I did see that. Therefore, collecting the CD offbeats and compilations of Lynyrd Skynyrd is not a bad deal.

All along, the patriotic lyrics and vibes that shine through the songs of Lynyrd Skynyrd is an attribute that I find very special. Being born and living my entire life in America has obviously made me proud to be an American and to love my country. Still, the patriotic nature of this band with their undying love for America should serve as a symbol for anyone out there to love their respective country as well. It’s like that old saying: there’s no place like home.

With regards to lineup changes over the decades that have reshaped Lynyrd Skynyrd’s makeup, past tragedy and death are facts of life and are unavoidably sad. Changes in this Lynyrd Skynyrd family has never compromised their original sound or character. This is an American Band that has prospered on the dedication to their music, acting on what they believe in and forging ahead despite what tragic roadblocks may have stood in their way. This characteristic of Lynyrd Skynyrd alone has made them an inspiration to me… and to countless others that are know as: SKYNYRD NATION.