maandag, april 11

Halestorm unleashes a turbulent torrent of infectious hard rock on their self-titled Atlantic debut. The band-guitarist Joe Hottinger, bassist Josh Smith, drummer Arejay Hale and singer/guitarist Lzzy Hale-churn out uncompromising rock n' roll anthems.

Drawing from an arsenal of songs that she's penned since she was 13, Lzzy examines love and life on the edge. Lzzy and her brother Arejay formed Halestorm in 1998 while in middle school. They immediately began playing local shows and garnered a following across Pennsylvania.

Some reviewers say that Halestorm is generic and maybe it is in a way but it's still a rockin album. The problem these days is that there are so many bands that sound very similar which all started when Pearl Jam came out.

I mean back in the days, the bands may have all been rock bands but they were all different from each other and was easy to tell who was who. In other words Van Halen didn't sound like the Sorpions and they didn't sound like Aerosmith and they didn't sound like AC/DC. You get the idea. That said I liked this album and I think some of the reviewers are under estimating Lizzy Hales voice.

I found it very pleasing and soulful. It reminds me of Annie Lennox doing metal. She has a very strong voice and I think is very attractive. In some videos she tries a bit too hard to look sexy and be a hard rocker at the same time. All in all, I think they are a good rockin band and if they stay together they should mature and the song writing get better. Do you remember the first song you wrote? I rest my case. So Halestorm, good band and definately worth a listen!