zaterdag, oktober 7

I came to photography through the back door. My father and uncle were photographers and my career was centered around it, but it wasn’t until I found my uncle’s twin lens Rolleiflex that I embraced photography fully as my own. Seeing the world through my own photographic vision has become a wonderful obsession.
After graduating from the College of Creative Studies at UC Santa Barbara, I moved to New York City to make my living as a painter, and although I continued to paint, my career moved into the fashion world. I worked for many years as the Fashion Editor for Vogue Patterns Magazine in New York City, and then continued on in Los Angeles as a freelance photo stylist. As a fashion editor, I had the privilege of working with many exceptional fashion photographers, including Horst, Mario Testino, Patrick Demarchelier, Arthur Elgort, and Bert Stern. After standing next to the camera for many years, I have discovered that it is behind the camera that I find my joy and passion. Moments, only fleeting in real life, become more revealing and expansive in a photograph. It is with integrity and humor that I wish to explore life around me--through portraits and places that have marked my memories and imagination.