zondag, april 22

"My particular style , as odd as it sounds, has little to do with thinking or planning. While painting or drawing, I make it a point to let my mind drift, and place objects where I feel they need to be. I use conventional vehicles such as light, composition and technique to invite the audience to my work. I use these conventional vehicles to specifically lure the viewer into my world. My main concerns are not found in convoluted plots or narratives, but simply with trying to portray interesting shapes and negative space, on seductive atmospheres with care and sensitivity.



I would say more than anything, I paint what I love, and I love what I paint, which I believe directly correlates with how you achieve success in painting or drawing. You can feel whether or not a particular artist loves what he is painting, and my goal is to try and convey this love, and hope others will share it with me."